Alienware 17: https://amzn.to/2EBLVo5
- When I first decided to get into streaming, I was looking up different desktops and laptops. I ended up finding an insane deal on this that saved me about $500 so it was a no brainer. It had a 2TB hard drive, NVidia GTX 1070, and an Intel Core i7-7700. It runs great for streaming and I still currently use this. Eventually, Id like to grab a desktop for running games and everything and just use the Laptop to run a Dual PC set up.
Microphone: Blue Blackout Spark
- About 8 months back, someone had gifted me a Blue Yeti. I absolutely loved it but I felt like the mic itself was extremely bass heavy. Having a deep voice, I realized I needed something a little more clear. Luckily, I had recently joined the Astro Gaming team and they’re affiliated with Blue. Joel hooked it up super hard with this mic and I honestly couldn’t be happier. Its extremely clear and I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade their situation to a pro-level.
Mouse: Razer Death Adder Elite
- Back in November of 2018, we had the opportunity to meet some amazing streamers at a show in Florida. Chinglish, Swifty, and Pettans invited Joe and I back to Swifty’s stream house to show us around. While we were there I had the chance to scope out this mouse. It was a world of difference compared to the Alienware mouse that I was using. A couple weeks later, we stopped at a Walmart for Black Friday. I scooped one up for a steal and have been using it ever since.
Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Ultimate
- The same goes for this keyboard as I said for the mouse. I used this at Swifty’s house and loved it. I hadn’t used a mechanical keyboard for quite a while so this was kind of fun getting back into. I love the layout of this keyboard. It fits me well.
- I grew up on Playstation games, but once the Next Gen systems came out I swapped over to Xbox 360. With that, the natural progression for me was an Xbox One. I feel a little more comfortable with the Xbox controller. Eventually I would like to grab a PS4 but for now, my Xbox wins.
Gaming Headset: Astro A40 + MixAmpTR
- Our friend @SarahDope, who we met through Matt Heafy, brought me on to the Astro team. I had been using a 12 year old set of Shure headphones and they were absolutely destroyed. Astro sent me this headset with the MixAmpTR. They’re literally perfect. The headset is fully customizable and the MixAmp is programmable.
Capture Card: Elgato HD60S
-I planned on streaming originally with just my Xbox. So I had to grab something. I chose this because I figured I could use it while on tour and while traveling. Its small, light weight, and easy to transport. It captures full HD video so its great.
Streaming Software: Streamlabs OBS
- I chose Streamlabs over other broadcasting programs mainly because it was simple. I love the design of the app and it really allows me to integrate all of my alerts and stuff right on the program itself. Plus it has a lot of fun add ons and apps.
Camera: Canon SL2
- I got the Canon SL2 about 4 months before I started streaming. Once I realized I could repurpose it as a webcam, I was pumped. It records in full HD video and has the ability to work with the EOS Utility program on my computer. Making it easy for me to change settings best suited for the style of stream I'm doing.
Audio Interface: Scarlett 2i2
- The Scarlett 2i2 is great for streaming. Its small and perfect for a desktop space. I use the first channel for my guitar and my second channel for my microphone.
Webcam: Logitech C920
- I use this as a secondary camera for streaming. Whether its a leather stream or a guitar stream, this cam is used to focus on the task and not me. Its super clear and great for the price. If youre looking for something to start out with, this webcam is ideal.